The PEX2S553 PCI Express serial card lets you turn a PCI Express slot into 2 RS232 (DB9) serial ports. Based on a native single chip design (no bridge chip), this 2-port serial adapter card allows you to harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards.
The RS232 Serial Adapter Card (PEX2S553) is compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows® and Linux Kernel 2.6.11 to 4.11.x, and MAC OS 10.4 and above.
Plus, the serial card includes an optional half-height/low profile bracket that allows the card to be installed in any PCI Express slot, regardless of the size of the computer case.
This product is a replacement for our PEX2S552 card.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS and DSR/DTR
- Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- Includes half-height/low profile mounting bracket
- Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a
- Two high speed RS232 serial ports with support for data transfer rates up to 460.8 Kbps